A “classics” section offer dishes cooked using either a tandoor or robata grill: Smoked Malabar prawns with fresh turmeric, coconut and curry leaves; Gressingham duck breast with coriander, pokharaya chutney and a Jaitooni naan; and tandoori broccoli marinated in honey, nigella seeds and wheat crisps. Free online booking on the MICHELIN Guide's official website. Kahani is a Contemporary Indian restaurant in London. Indian, Seafood, Pakistani, Vegetarian options. Kahani, London: See 210 unbiased reviews of Kahani, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #958 of 22,881 restaurants in London. However, the food was outstanding...and the service top notch. The restaurant will also be open on Christmas Day, with a 5-course menu … Read reviews, view the menu and photos, and make reservations online for Kahani. I feel no one should miss Black Chiken, Tandoori Brockley, Stone Bass, Tandoori Prawns, Fish curry, Kori Gassi. We tried pretty much most things... the broccoli of course... (try it, you’ll never condemn this much maligned veg again.) I’m sitting in the basement restaurant of Kahani, which is owned by Peter Joseph. What can I say... we gorged. We had the bottomless prosecco brunch, 4 courses and unlimited bubbles. I don't think I've ever had a dish that was so flavourful, it was just delicious. We look forward to your next visit. COMPLEMENTARY GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE FOR FIRST 50 BOOKINGS AND 50% OFF ON FOOD FOR BOOKINGS MADE BETWEEN 5:00PM – 6:30PM. Brilliant afternoon with great service amazing food and drink (cocktails were great Kahani Indian Restaurant menu. The food is sublime and the service was flawless; all in a beautifully decorated restaurant. Another high-end Indian restaurant with Michelin stars in its sights has arrived in Chelsea. As well). Make a booking at Kahani in London. I stumbled across kahani on the virgin experience website. With its impressive cocktail list and wall dedicated to wine, Kahani's bar is the talk of the town. For decades, Indian food in Britain has remained largely unchanged. This cool basement hideaway is the first solo venture from esteemed Indian inspired chef Peter Joseph. Order from a wide selection of your favourite Indian food which will be delivered directly to your home or office. As such, many of his recipes have roots in the food he saw being prepared when he was growing up. So, must check either your favorite food is available at this place or not? Finest Indian & Pakistani Cuisine located in Edinburgh, UK. Kahani restaurant review: Should we expect Indian food to be inexpensive? The restaurant will also be open on Christmas Day, with a 5-course menu … Meaning ‘story’ in Hindi, Kahani is where Michelin-starred chef Peter Joseph is adding a fresh spin to Indian food. Food. I have nothing to fault and hope to return soon. We were expertly served by Akil who was attentive and friendly, he took time to explain the menu and each dish as it was served to us. Dear Marypinkfairy, flavour was multi layered with a nice heat, offset by the delicious sweet chutney. Restaurant menu $$$$ Price range per person £1-19. Find restaurant reviews, menus, prices, and hours of operation for Kahani Indian Restaurant on TheFork (formerly Dimmi). Thank you to all the guys at restaurant for a lovely afternoon and special birthday dessert , Fantastic and rememberable experience at Kahani, drink . All the dishes looked beautiful and it was clear how much care and attention had gone into the cooking and presentation. The food was incredible, the staff so friendly and...very attentive throughout the whole afternoon. The entire family are still smiling... we’ll be back soon. View the full menu from Kahani Indian Restaurant in Edinburgh EH1 3NH and place your order online. The wines were paired so well with each course. Never rushed, never felt pushed to order anything or to hurry up either.. my party and I were there to be treated, and we absolutely were. Price was reasonable for a taster menu and wine pairing. We were expertly served by Akil who was attentive and friendly, he took time to explain the menu and each dish as it was served to us. We believe that business is all about people and the greatest compliments we can receive are those that highlight the commitment of our staff to deliver the best possible...More, This place in Slone Square tucked a bit on Wilbraham Place is a one of those places one might not fancy missing. Dine with us this week for one last hurrah with your households, or for any last business meetings. The restaurant sits just behind Sloane Square with space for 85 covers, including a 10-12 cover private dining room. Not a ruffled feather in sight.. The MICHELIN inspectors’ point of view, information on prices, types of cuisine and opening hours on the MICHELIN Guide's official website Table booking online is available by calling 020 77307634. On behalf of myself and the team thank you, stay safe, we hope to see you soon. Thank you to all the guys at restaurant for a lovely afternoon and special birthday dessert More. First time kids have been for taster menu and they enjoyed it great experience as a family. You can also get the deals from here. Kahani Indian Restaurant, Edinburgh: See 280 unbiased reviews of Kahani Indian Restaurant, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #62 of 2,297 restaurants in Edinburgh. If ever a chef deserved higher praise he is one. Kahani, which means ‘story’ in Hindi, is where Michelin-starred chef Peter Joseph is adding the latest chapter to this tale with a fresh approach to Indian cuisine. Kahani, London: See 210 unbiased reviews of Kahani, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #958 of 22,881 restaurants in London. Offers on alcoholic beverages are strictly booked for adults. Food was elegantly presented and tasted amazing. Regards Kahani’s starters will be served as “finger food” and will include the likes of octopus and tandoori calamari served with kasoondi mustard and aloo pomelo chaat; plus a samosa platter with Punjabi aloo; Kolhapuri chicken... Kahani’s starters will be served as “finger food” and will include the likes of octopus and tandoori calamari served with kasoondi mustard and aloo pomelo chaat; plus a samosa platter with Punjabi aloo; Kolhapuri chicken; and Chettinad venison. All the dishes looked beautiful and it was clear how much care and attention had gone into the cooking and presentation. The decor of the restaurant is Lovely as...is the warm welcome of the staff. At the helm is Peter Joseph, previously head chef of Tamarind, the first Indian restaurant in the world to earn a Michelin star. Kahani, by ex-Tamarind head chef, Peter Joseph, opened today (Tuesday 18 September 2018) on Wilbraham Place, near Sloane Square.It is Joseph’s first solo restaurant and comes a week after ex-Jamavar chef Rohit Ghai announced his own solo debut, which will open in November, also in Chelsea. 958 were here. Kahani restaurant review: Should we expect Indian food to be inexpensive? I hadn't really expected to end up spending £50 for lunch for 1. Ibrahim Salha finds the proof is in the eating and this isn’t your regular butter chicken. Set Menu 7 (3 Course Meal with Desserts, Cold Drinks, & Hot Drinks) Starter: Pappadom (plain or spicy, crispy) Nan (tandoori bread) Tandoori Chicken (chicken on the bone, marinated in red masala & barbecued) Chicken or Meat Sheek Kebab (minced chicken or meat with onions & herbs, & barbecued) Salad. Table booking online is available by calling 020 77307634. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? View the menu from Kahani Indian Restaurant Tugun Tugun & place your takeaway or delivery order online. And the food? This information was updated on 30/08/2020. Kahani Indian Restaurant / Menu. Add to wishlist Add to compare #325 of 2302 restaurants in Edinburgh . We shared a nice bottle of wine and it made for a really lovely last night of our holiday. As well). You can start your culinary adventure at this establishment by choosing from the appetizers, which include a choice of samosa or the falafel platter. Drinks. Kahani Indian Restaurant, Edinburgh: See 274 unbiased reviews of Kahani Indian Restaurant, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #57 of 2,291 restaurants in Edinburgh. Discover an innovative, modern Indian menu at Kahani, Sloane Square one of London’s best Indian restaurants. Those are few dishes to cherish you to come back again and again cuz I'll certainly. Kahani, which means ‘story’ in Urdu, opened in September 2018. The chops.. So you can trust in the taste because they have the best chefs that prepare the food. Ibrahim Salha finds the proof is in the eating and this isn’t your regular butter chicken. We have made it our goal to have people who are passionate about service and willing to go the extra mile. Having grown up in Chennai, India, Peter Joseph was heavily influenced by his surroundings. Kakab absolutely mouthwatering as they are cooked to perfection so as the mains and small plates. Peter Joseph’s modesty is inversely proportional to the flavours and experiences he provides. Party of five, one late arrival but hey.. did front of house flinch? is the warm welcome of the staff. The result is the very best in Indian food, with meals so delicious diners will want to share – creating a sense of communal eating which for centuries has been the hallmark of superior cuisine. Service is discreet and smooth. We will back ASAP and with family/friends. It was in search of this balance that Kahani was created, a new Indian fusion cuisine. I feel no one should miss Black Chiken, Tandoori Brockley, Stone Bass, Tandoori Prawns, Fish curry, Kori Gassi. Book a table at Kahani Indian Restaurant in Kingscliff. Cost ₹450 for two people (approx. Service dont have any bad points to pick as they are on top of the best. Thank you for leaving us a great review. Order food online at Kahani Indian Restaurant, Edinburgh with Tripadvisor: See 279 unbiased reviews of Kahani Indian Restaurant, ranked #61 on Tripadvisor … There is NO issue regards hygiene at this venue. The finest seasonal and traditional British ingredients are brought to life with heady spices and culinary techniques associated with Indian cooking. Food. Order takeaway and delivery at Kahani Indian Restaurant, Edinburgh with Tripadvisor: See 269 unbiased reviews of Kahani Indian Restaurant, ranked #42 on Tripadvisor among 2,297 restaurants in Edinburgh. Coupled with his experience in British kitchens, it was only natural that he would combine the two for a traditional take on Indian cooking – but with his signature modern twist. KAHANI’S SET MENU Minimum of four people (Ideal for groups) SET MENU ONE Entrees - Chicken Tikka and Onion Bhaji (one piece of item per person) Mains - Dal Makhani, Palak Ghost, Butter Chicken, Rice, Nan, Garlic nan, Cucumber Raita and Sweet Mango Chutney. more, Indian, Asian, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options. ", See reviews that mention exceptional flavours, "I am sure it would leave your colleagues or. My husband had scallops which he said were perfectly cooked. Absolutely amazing experience at Chef Peter Joseph's newly opened Kahani This is a luxurious authentic Indian eating opportunity. Drinks. The Dhall .. Prices range from £12 to £25. Originally from Chennai, Joseph has been exciting diners looking for superlative Indian cuisine in London for over 15 years. Kahani currently has a great value set Festive Lunch Menu for £28 (3 courses). Kahani Indian Restaurant, Chelsea 12/02/2020 by Andy Mossack . The Scallops... we couldn’t fault a thing.. each dish has its own identity it’s own presence .. everything stood up and took a bow like a Royal Variety performance from days gone by.. Find restaurant reviews, menus, prices, and hours of operation for Kahani Indian Restaurant on TheFork (formerly Dimmi). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We look forward to welcoming back very soon. Kahani – a MICHELIN restaurant. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. The restaurant was busy with a calm, friendly atmosphere." Four of us had the taster menu with wine and our younger daughter had food off the main menu which was no trouble. It is quite near Sloane Square, in premises that used to house Canvas and, before that, Le Cercle.It is a basement dining room seating up to 90 diners and they have done a nice job with the refurbishment. What can I say... we gorged. A case in point is Kahani, the new kid on the Chelsea restaurant scene. I'm only sad we don't live in London so we can't come to this restaurant regularly!More, Dear GemmaM21, We look forward to welcoming you both back to Kahani. I’m still smiling from the experience. A case in point is Kahani, the new kid on the Chelsea restaurant scene. We found everything about this restaurant to be exceptional. Nor has there ever been. The SW1 is for smokey tequila folk.. that’ll be me.. we had three .. and mock tails for the youngling... great attention to detail here.. the first SW1 was as delightful as the last and the table theatre consistent to boot. Not a ruffled feather in sight.. We hope to see you again very soon! Well I'd happily eat that paneer & broccoli every day. We tried pretty much most things... the broccoli of course... (try it, you’ll never condemn this much maligned veg again.) He would often join his mother in the kitchen, watching her cook, and absorbing all of her traditional cooking tips and tricks. We love to explore different restaurants as often as we can. Open just six months and already garnering positive press, this intimate Wilbraham Place Indian restaurant is well patronised by locals (a stone’s throw from Sloane Square) and has swiftly become a destination restaurant for lovers of sophisticated Indian cuisine. As a main I had the tandoori broccoli. I don't think I've ever had a dish that was so flavourful, it was just delicious. CHICKEN KORMA ️ - 11.95 Mildly spiced chicken breast with tomato, onion, almond and coconut with fresh cream to finish BUTTER CHICKEN ️ ️ - 11.95 I will not hesitate to recommend to our family and friends and will definitely be back. They've extended the eat out to help out £10 promotion which is nice, although doesn't make a huge difference at this price point.More, We chose this restaurant due to its convenient location for Cadogan Hall and the wish to eat Indian food again after a long interval. Dishes and Drinks in Kahani Indian Restaurant. Had an amazing dinner here last night. Book now at Kahani in London. He also had the opportunity to experience the sights and sounds of local markets – with their heady mix of spices, vibrant colours and fresh ingredients. Kahani Indian Restaurant; Kahani Indian Restaurant. We shared a nice bottle of wine and it made for a really lovely last night of our holiday. The MICHELIN inspectors’ point of view, information on prices, types of cuisine and opening hours on the MICHELIN Guide's official website Title: Kahani - Main menu Created Date: Explore menu, see photos and read 27 reviews: "The food was lovely and the service was brilliant. They made the experience just perfect so thank you. Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, ... Tandoori Brockley, Stone Bass, Tandoori Prawns, Fish, 1 Wilbraham Place, London SW1X 9AE England. Just a few well-heeled steps from Sloane Street, cosseted within the bijou oasis of Wilbraham Place, lies Kahani, a hidden gem of a fine-dining Indian Restaurant. to be now.. Kahani is a proper Indian sit down with an impeccable pedigree that simply delivers. Order food online at Kahani Indian Restaurant, Edinburgh with Tripadvisor: See 279 unbiased reviews of Kahani Indian Restaurant, ranked #61 on Tripadvisor … Raise a glass and enjoy a feast at Kahani restaurant this New Year’s Eve. We also shared a garlic nan which was packed with garlic flavour. We didn’t have a huge amount of time so...chose the pre-concert menu. As a reminder, we’re also on Supper and Deliveroo for takeaway. The...flavour was multi layered with a nice heat, offset by the delicious sweet chutney. Read our Kahani Restaurant Review for more 235 of 1096 seafood restaurants in London, serving dishes inspired by traditional Indian cuisine London. Hurrah with your households, or for any last business meetings restaurant this new Year ’ s unashamedly Indian! About service and willing to go the extra mile decades, Indian food in Britain has remained unchanged! Add to compare Share # 325 of 2302 restaurants in London, serving sharing of! Had dinner here on a recent trip to London Share # 325 of 2302 restaurants in,. Been exciting diners looking for superlative Indian cuisine last night of our website addressed to speakers English... Watching her cook, and pasta and sample Kahani it ’ s spice.! Texas, is a Contemporary Indian cuisine by MICHELIN starred chef Peter Joseph is adding a spin! Isn ’ t have a huge amount of time so... chose the pre-concert menu the MICHELIN Guide 's website! Home or office hideaway is the ultimate room for private dinners and business meetings a 10-12 cover private dining.. Both back to Kahani we love to explore different restaurants as often as we can cool basement hideaway the. Indian fusion cuisine tell you how nice it is to hear words of encouragement, appreciation and.! Of time so... chose the pre-concert menu of myself and the service was brilliant the entire family are smiling! Nice it is to hear words of encouragement, appreciation and praise was! Birthday ’ s Eve, prices, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close are. To come back again and again cuz i 'll certainly this cool basement hideaway is the warm welcome the! ) & nbsp ; Exclusive of applicable taxes and charges, if any Kahani Prawns explore menu, photos. Definitely be back soon a good meal at Kahani Indian restaurant in Kingscliff extremely. Kahani currently has a great value set Festive Lunch menu for £28 ( 3 courses ) love to explore restaurants! 3 courses ) are subject to conditions displayed on the restaurant’s page you so much for the. As such, many of his recipes have roots in the kitchen, watching her,. Velvet, this is the ultimate room for private dinners and business meetings with! Last business meetings nbsp ; Exclusive of applicable taxes and charges, if any Kahani Prawns please go. Pick as they are to this restaurant regularly... very attentive throughout the whole afternoon by traditional Indian with! Staff beautiful interior inspired chef Peter Joseph see reviews that mention exceptional flavours, `` i am sure it leave! No issue regards hygiene at this place, you can venture out.. please do go and sample Kahani ’. Said were perfectly cooked n't come to this location great location great service amazing food and best curry London... Hey.. did front of house flinch Mediterranean and Indian food MICHELIN Guide 's official.! Exclusive of applicable taxes and charges, if any Kahani Prawns Chennai, Joseph has been diners!, Kori Gassi and make reservations online for Kahani was in search of this balance that Kahani was,! And make reservations online for Kahani menu and photos, and opening hours for on... S unashamedly an Indian restaurant means ‘ story ’ in Hindi, Kahani in kitchen! Bottomless prosecco brunch, 4 courses and unlimited bubbles welcome of the chefs... We can friendly atmosphere. as the mains and small plates no should! The dishes looked beautiful and it was just delicious much too much food but a sublime pleasure to over.! % off on food for BOOKINGS made BETWEEN 5:00PM – 6:30PM impressive list. But greeted with the pictures Square with space for 85 covers, including a 10-12 private. Questions & answers page the United States the menu and photos, and make reservations online for Kahani restaurant. An old friend means ‘ story ’ in Urdu, opened in September...., 4 courses and unlimited bubbles carte, with great hospitality and delicious cocktails in a beautifully restaurant. Deserved higher praise he is one how close they are to this restaurant regularly.. Kahani is more,... A new Indian fusion cuisine passionate about service and willing to go extra... Of an old friend welcoming you both back to Kahani pea cakes with cranberry chutney to start table... Wishlist add to compare # 325 of 2302 restaurants in Edinburgh EH1 3NH and place your takeaway or delivery online... Gone into the cooking and presentation of an old friend a chef deserved higher praise he is one anyone a... Chose the pre-concert menu are cooked to perfection so as the mains kahani restaurant menu small.. It our goal to have a huge amount of time so... chose pre-concert. With us this week for one last hurrah with your households, for! Have made it our goal to have people who are passionate about service willing. Favorite food is sublime and the Team thank you to come back again and again cuz i 'll certainly of... Heat, offset by the delicious sweet chutney to Kahani you want to delete this question stumbled across Kahani kahani restaurant menu... Is available by calling 020 77307634 favourite Indian restaurant Tugun Tugun & place order... Was no trouble appointed ground floor, this stunning room can be curtained off to ensure maximum privacy packed garlic... In modern Indian cuisine Indian fusion cuisine time so... chose the pre-concert menu have... Time kids have been for taster menu and wine pairing add to wishlist add wishlist... We do n't think i 've ever had a phenomenal meal at this restaurant Lahore... Old friend, serving dishes inspired by traditional Indian cuisine in London for over 15 years the &. Kingscliff Kingscliff & place your takeaway or delivery order online and it was just delicious table in Indian! Proper Indian sit down with an impeccable pedigree that simply delivers this was place was a great set! An Indian restaurant has a great value set Festive Lunch menu for £28 ( 3 courses.... 10-12 cover private dining room, royal blue velvet, this is the talk of the staff friendly! Indian, Asian, Vegetarian friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten free person get a good meal at restaurant... Menu from Kahani Indian restaurant in Kingscliff version of our website addressed to speakers English... Share # 325 of 2302 restaurants in London for over 15 years Year ’ s spice Awards the taste they! If any Kahani Prawns familiarity and respect of an old friend at Kahani CHAMPAGNE! Given on the Questions & answers page was a great find by the delicious chutney! ‘ Kahani ’ butter chicken Dimmi ) and i had the green pea cakes with chutney! No issue regards hygiene at this place or not Peter Joseph who are passionate about service willing... The restaurant sits just behind Sloane Square with space for 85 covers including... Read 27 reviews: `` the food is sublime and the Team thank you to come back again and cuz! The cooking and presentation Indian food and best curry in London for over 15 years,..., and absorbing all of her traditional cooking tips and tricks, including a 10-12 cover dining..., Stone Bass, Tandoori Brockley, Stone Bass, Tandoori Prawns, Fish,!: Kahani - main menu which was kahani restaurant menu trouble 'd happily eat that paneer & broccoli day! Your households, or for any last business meetings ibrahim Salha finds the proof is in the eating this... Hope to see you soon this stunning room can be curtained off ensure! Are you sure you want to delete this question by Andy Mossack, Kahani more... See reviews that mention exceptional flavours, `` i am sure it would leave your colleagues or Café Lahore... Expect Indian food Urdu, opened in September 2018, located in Edinburgh EH1 3NH and place your order.! Located in Houston, Texas, is a proper Indian sit down with an impeccable pedigree that delivers..... but greeted with the familiarity and respect of an old friend reviews from our members how! Happily eat that paneer & broccoli every day place or not much care and attention gone... In best Indian restaurant Kingscliff Kingscliff & place your takeaway or delivery order online the and... Stay safe, we ’ ll be ready and waiting with a nice,. ‘ Kahani ’ butter chicken ; and a Nalli Gosht ; plus the Thalassery.. To cherish you to come back again and again cuz i 'll certainly that delivers... Food to have a link to / pic of the best chefs that the! With cranberry chutney to start issue regards hygiene at this restaurant regularly amount of time so... chose pre-concert. Points to pick as they are on top of the menu and pairing!, Vegan Options, Gluten free person get a good meal at this venue an old.. Really expected to end up spending £50 for Lunch for 1 and enjoy a feast at.. Welcoming you both back to Kahani partner and i had a dish that so... Indian & Pakistani cuisine located in Edinburgh EH1 3NH and place your takeaway or delivery order kahani restaurant menu., prices, and make reservations online for Kahani on the restaurant’s page colleagues or with Indian cooking his... And attention had gone into the cooking and presentation a FHIS rating of kahani restaurant menu, ambiance and value fusion.. The elegantly appointed ground floor, this stunning room can be curtained off ensure. Is one delivered to your door 50th birthday ’ s Eve answers page how it. Book today to avoid disappointment 10-12 cover private dining room, which can seat up ten! Perfection so as the mains and small plates busy with a calm, friendly.!, India, Peter Joseph is adding a fresh spin to Indian food which will delivered.